Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Adoption Tuesday - Attachment.10 (Final)

Resources

I've decided to end this little series on attachment here, with a nice even 10.

That's not to say that I'll not be continuing to post on the topic, but it will be an occassional bit, not part of a weekly series.

In fact, today's post is not even any advice/tips/insights, but just a share of a few resources that might come in handy if you have a RADish in your life.

Before I get to that list, I'd like to take a minute for the disclaimer I never got around to, which is chiefly that
I AM NOT AN EXPERT!

Not by any means.

I am simply someone who has btdt for the past three (+) years. I have shared my experiences, my observations, my thoughts. Any successes or failures on my part with what I've been dealing with are merely anecdotal, so take them for what they're worth.

I urge ANYONE dealing with attachment issues, or who is parenting a child of trauma, to do three things:

....
1) Seek the help of an expert in the field of attachment issues.

2) Read, read, read. There are plenty of books and articles on the subject.

3) Get yourself a support system. Family, church, listservs, blogs, forums, face-to-face support groups. Whatever works for you, and it might mean several or all of the above, find it. You can't go this road alone




Now then. Resources:

Wikipedia: Never a bad idea to start here to understand the basics and find a list of their resources.
Mayo Clinic: Ditto.
Attachment and Bonding Center of Ohio: This is the site of my guru of attachment, Gregory Keck. Loads of great info here.
Attachment.org: Good list of resources, some helpful Q&A, tips on finding a therapist, and some good, basic info on attachment issues.

RADKid.org List of Books: This is a nice site that lists books on the topic of attachment, with representations from Gray, Keck, Thomas, and more.



And if you ever want to read back over any of my previous posts on the topic, here they all are in one spot:

Previous posts on Attachment:
Attachment The Attachment Tree
Attachment.2 I Love You
Attachment.3 Keck and Kupecky
Attachment.4 Control
Attachment.5 Cycles
Attachment.6 Consequences
Attachment.7 Tip: Add it on
Attachment.8 Attachment Activities
Attachment.9 Special Treatment


You can also find more posts on the topic of RAD and PTSD in the label cloud in my sidebar on the right.

Thanks to all who have followed along here. Good luck and God bless as you parent your hurt child. You're in my prayers....

~Anne



********************



And thanks, as always, for voting for me on Top Mommy Blogs. Just one click of this button (below) and you've voted. You can vote every day!


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...